CSB-EPB® Plastic Plain Bearings
CSB-EPB® plastic plain bearings
Plastic bearings can generally be divided into plastic rolling bearings and plastic sliding bearings for current applications. The working principle of plastic rolling bearings and plastic sliding bearings can be told from their name: the friction that occurs for plastic rolling bearings is rolling friction, and it is sliding friction when plastic sliding bearings work;The magnitude of rolling friction mainly depends on the manufacturing accuracy, while the magnitude of friction of plastic sliding bearings mainly depends on the material of the sliding surface.
Generally, plastic sliding bearings are made of engineering plastics with good lubricating properties, so the working surfaces can be self-lubricating. Lots professional manufacturers adopt engineering plastic self-lubricating modification technology by adding fiber, special lubricants, glass beads, etc. to the plastic engineering plastics to achieve higher self-lubricating properties, then produce plastic bearings by injection molding with the modified materials. At present, polymer plastic sliding bearings are widely used in the world, such as CSB-EPB® plastic plain bearings.
The features of CSB-EPB® plastic plain bearings as follow:
The plastic bearings are made of all lubricated materials with a long service life;
2. Plastic bearings are resistant to corrosion and won’t rust, while metal bearings are easy to rust and cannot be used in chemical liquids;
3. The plastic bearings is lighter than metal bearings which is more suitable for modern lightweight design;
4. The manufacturing cost of plastic bearings is lower than that of metal bearings; plastic bearings are processed by injection molding and are more suitable for mass production;
5. No noise during operation and with certain vibration absorption function;
6. Working temperature for plastic bearings: -200 ~ +250 deg C;
Plastic sliding bearings can not only be made into the bushings, but also can be made into plastic linear sliding bearings. The plastics used to make linear sliding bearings must be self-lubricated to improve the overall wear resistance. The common CSB-LIN® plastic linear bearings in the market are made of engineering plastics modified with lubricants and reinforcing fibers resulting into an excellent wear resistance.
Plastic sliding bearings have more advantages than metal sliding bearings. The applications of plastic bearings are constantly expanding, and the output of plastic bearings is also growing. Plastic bearings are widely used in fitness equipment, office equipment and the automotive industry. Nowadays, there are no cars on the road that do not use plastic bearings.